High Protein Sources for Vegans & 6 Easy Vegan Breakfasts
Most vegans wake up comfortable and ready to eat. They’ve fully digested the prior day’s food and usually don’t have stomach or elimination issues, which can often affect meat eaters.
A healthy protein-rich breakfast provides the fuel to function optimally and also keeps blood sugar levels in balance. Following is a list of Vegan Proteinsources along with their relative protein values.
Tempeh 1 cup 41gms
Tofu 1 cup 30 gms
Soybeans 1 cup 31 gms
Lentils 1 cup 18 gms
Black Beans 1 cup 15 gms
These below recipes are from The Eccentric Vegan at vegansoapbox.com:
1. Cereal and Soy Milk: This is pretty much like your average cereal breakfast and utilizes commercialized cereals which are vitamin fortified. This is important as some nutrients aren’t found in the Vegan Diet – B12 being one of them.
2. Oatmeal and Soymilk: Many people don’t realize that oatmeal has protein in it and adding soymilk increases its benefit.
3. Toast and Nut Butter: Peanut Butter, Almond Butter and other nut butters are a healthy sweet treat alternative in the morning.
4. Tofu Scramble: Tofu mixes with almost anything and has no flavor.
Add Tofu to any vegetable or fruits and you’ll have something similar in taste profile and texture to a scrambled eggs.
5. Protein Shake: Especially good for those who don’t eat much in the mornings. You can add soymilk and various fruit combinations to taste and it will keep you going till lunchtime.
6. Soy Yogurt with added Fruit: This is a light but completely nourishing choice. Its easy to digest and the fiber from the fruit is both satisfying and filling.
There are so many different ingredients to choose from when cooking a vegan meal and many breakfast recipes that are quick, light and full of protein!